Sunday, April 12, 2009

Losing My Religion

It's Easter. Do you know what the word Easter really means? I thought about that today when I noticed that I only heard the word Easter used once in church and it wasn't by the pastor. It was actually the name of a goddess and her celebration.
----------
I don't know my views on religion anymore. I used to be a very strong Christian back when I basically just did what my parents did, but I think sometime last year I just started questioning everything. I used to think that people who didn't believe in God have bad morals and values...I don't believe that anymore. I believe in inner peace, helping others, love, living in the moment and gravity. That is good enough for me right now...I'll figure the other stuff out later.
----------
I went to church today. It has been a very long time...pretty much 3 weeks before my mom had surgury which then led to 6 more weeks not going and has continued to be about another 3 weeks after that....a long time sounds easier though. It started off with the Sunday School kids singing....it turned out to be just one girl singing, but there was a bunch of kids up there lipping the words anyways...later the Church Choir sang....there's one woman in there that shouldn't be....of course she's the loudest...she sounds like a bazooka and was very distracting...I no longer like the word "rose" at all....it was the highest, nastiest, nasaliest note ever in that song...it's nice she has a way to express herself, but just...bleh.
---------
I also did lots of scholarships...even more than I thought I would...but of course not all the ones I grabbed. I felt pretty good about the ones I did...so that was the goal. While I was doing them I watched "How I Met Your Mother" and "The Office". I also did laundry, did some Latin, and got our AP Bio presentation together.
---------
I talked to Danny today...it's been a while....like a very long while...he's the one that told me to be a psychologist in 9th grade...it was a pretty inspirational day...I used that story in one of my scholarships to answer the question of why I chose to pursue what I chose to pursue.
---------
I look forward to this week....I get to sleep in Tuesday and Wednesday because I'm a Senior...whooooo.
---------
I went to church. My mom got me a basket filled with candy. My dad cooked a "fancy" lunch. My mom worked. I filled out scholarships and did other homework. I texted. I made people smile. My magazine says that celebrities are trying to bring back the 90's-era Seattle grunge...I say no...leather, flannels, and liberty print should be left behind....pretty much only Adam and select individuals can pull off that. And that is my Easter.
--------
Happy Chocolate, Egg, Bunny, Rising of Christ, Bright Colored Outfits, and Children Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment