Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Iced Coffee Leads to Energy



I close my eyes and shelter them
From the fear.
I slowly take my right foot
And hold it over the edge,
Dangling my toes.
I walk off the edge,
Falling into the pool of risks.
I hold my breath
And hope
That there are no sharp rocks at the bottom
Or cold water
Numbing my toes
Waiting to punish my mistake.
-------------
My cat and I have a lot in common. Or just 2 things. One being that we both claim the same mother-like thing...only I was born out of her...my cat was just driven in a car for an hour by her. So I win there. Another thing is that we are both angel-like in the day...and ninjas by night. Or at least mine is set on a schedule...her ninja-like qualities can appear at any given moment.
------------
I took a rather big risk applying at Nosh...just as I have taken many risks throughout the past 2 years. I feel like they have made me a more outgoing person and have led me toward the person I see myself being. I'm not quite there, but I am sure that this job will get me there. It was a risk worth taking and one of the greatest experiences I have ever had.
------------
Ankur showed me the bar today. It was really amazing...mainly him...because he's really nice and funny. He made me ice coffee which was the most amazing coffee thing ever. I also love Lynn and Coreen...they train me in. The chef gave Jess and I a sample of the Gnocci which was amazing...I don't even like dumplings, but this scratched that idea completely...they could make a shoe taste good if they wanted. I love my job...and it won't be the last time you hear that.
-------------
School is over tomorrow. Sooooooo excited as you know. Today was rather lame, but whatever...quick run through: Studied...Lake City Tour...Took a Latin test that bitch-slapped me in the face...Peer Tutored (Adam and Jake make me laugh)...Finished Statistics project and took a walk to Jad's mom's store and she fed us brownies...chatted with Tom and shared a good laugh. Hung out with JDK at Hope's Harvest...went to work...end.
--------------
I smell Lilacs in my house. It's lovely. My cat rests at the top of the recliner next to my mom's head. They are practically one being.
------------
Goddess by day. Ninja by night. I took the jump off the edge into the pool of risks and I was lucky to find warm refreshing waters, free of sharp rocks.
-----------
Have a lovely evening and morning.
Hasta Banana!

No comments:

Post a Comment