Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I Love Raindrops


I love the feeling of being outside just after a rainstorm.
When the sun has awakened and peers out from behind the clouds.
And the plants are freshened by a glaze of cool rain.
When everything seems to take on a deeper shade of green.
I love the feeling of laying in fresh white sheets.
With the scent of a vanilla candle luming in the air.
A cup of steaming tea sitting on a table next to a soft bed.
The windows speckled with raindrops that have collected.
I love the feeling of staring into the sky on a clear dark night.
When the stars are bright and glowing above your head.
Laying in the grass without a fear in the world.
Expecting to be able to fly away if you close your eyes.
--------------
I wish my daydreams could become reality. I wish that I could let everything in the world go and not have any fear...no worries...or pain. I wish that whenever I dream this daydream of raindrops I didn't quickly relate it to the fact that my eyes are dripping with tears from my tickled nose and stuffy sickness. I wish I could escape the loud people, the people that complain of their problems that really aren't significant at all, and the people that are so set on their ways they have no ability to open their mind and let new ideas in. I wish I could rest my eyes and stop my thoughts. I wish there were more hours in a day to accomplish everything I want.
--------------
My days have become relaxing, but reality is they all have a calming about them before the storm truly hits. One of those storms takes place tomorrow at 8am. I feel well prepared, self-confident, and positive...but I can't help but think 10 more minutes of literary terms, 5 more minutes looking at Spark Notes, or just a minute to gather my thoughts and grasp some creative energy.
-------------
I wish I wish I wish...eventually...I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment