Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Tempest

I was in a strange land.
Observing with interest.
Confused as a fly on its back.
----------------
I drove and I sat.
I walked and I ate.
I walked and I sat.
I sat and I watched.
I walked and I drove.
------------------
The land is that of Winona.
An awkward place.
True expense is not known
By that shady Hardee's employee.
Nor the awkwardness of awkward eye contact known
By drivers driving by.
------------------
But the theater greeters
Do know how to greet
And the actors
Do know how to act
The cookies are good,
But the water tastes of fish.
----------------------
I parked on Wabasha Street
In Winona
God is speaking...
----------------------
Ariel the spirit
Wears unclassy clothes,
But speaks in an enchanting voice
and moves ever so gracefully in her tower.
Trinculo makes me smile.
Caliban is a creeper.
All the actors spit and spat
The effects were good.
The play was beautiful.
======================
A number of things happend between last night and today. I found out I am staying in Sanford. I have come to love the idea. I do not know my roomate. Not yet.
-------------------
I worked at Hope's Harvest. Go figure. It was a good day.
--------------------
I took Yoga. It was refreshing. Fran should stay at home though. I find her jean shorts ridiculous.
--------------------
I saw The Tempest. My experiences are pretty much all listed above. I got advice from a shady Hardee's employee...I made temporary friends with a kind stranger. I found Winona to be awkward in every way. Service at Timbers is not good, but the food is pretty good. The water tastes of fish. We watched a fly lay on its back. We saw a lot of signs about God. Ariel and Trinculo were my two favorite characters. I loved the play. I drove a lot. That about sums up any confusion.
-------------------
Tomorrow is my day off. It will be a good one. My aunt from SD is coming friday *dramatic music and thunder crashes*
-------------------
Goodnight my friend.
I will see you in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment