Thursday, July 2, 2009

She's Changed

Today my best friend from 3rd grade added me on myspace...damn she's changed. I guess I have too. I hope she gets a better life than she seems to have...maybe she's happy...but maybe not.
-----------
It facinates me that people who are best friends can be separated for years and then completely change...I'm not sure what influenced who I am...I'm just glad it happend the way it did.
------------
We used to play on the playground together and both loved cats. We were both a little shy, but she was a little more outgoing than me. She had family problems when I knew her, but I found it impossible to believe because she was so awesome. Her brother went to Juvie. I didn't know what that was until I saw his picture hanging on her wall and asked where he was. I always thought she would be the really successful one in her family. I don't remember her being very good at school...she was never a very good speller, but that didn't matter to me then so I never really noticed. We wrote notes back and forth and got in trouble a lot for it, but when the teacher would try to read them she saw how tiny our handwriting was and just commented about it.
-------------
In 4th grade we got different teachers...and all the elementary years after that. We never talked after 3rd grade.
------------
In 7th grade I saw her more, but she had changed and got in the wrong group. It always bothered me when people would talk about her behind her back because I couldn't let the girl I knew from 3rd grade who would always put a tiny half pony tail on the top of her head and let it fall over her eyes. But, despite that, she cut her hair, dyed it black, and pierced her lip...I didn't understand, but I never bothered to talk to her.
-------------
She moved at some point. I don't remember when...I just remember hearing it from someone and feeling terrible I never made an effort to talk to her...
-------------
She has a job now...she dropped out of school for a while, but then changed her ways and got in again...she smokes and drinks. I don't know her anymore besides what I saw on her profile...I'm not sure if I will contact her if she doesn't contact me...I'm not sure what I would say...I didn't in 7th grade either.
--------------
It's amazing how much easier elementary school is. Even if we thought it was difficult and exaggurated all our experiences. People's problems don't show then and we're all just innocent kids. I'd like to say I'm still a little bit of what I use to be and at the same time that I've changed for the better...but I can't help wishing she was still the same person and that I could spend hours playing on the playground with her and talking about things that wouldn't matter the next day.
--------------

No comments:

Post a Comment