Friday, June 5, 2009

Party Party Party

My parents are both in a weird state of mind. The kind where my mom turns on Sponge Bob and then they both look through a scrapbook I made in elementary school and refer to me as "a very intelligent and talented child". My mom says "awwwwww" a lot....I guess she's a mom and her only daughter is leaving in a few months...I'm just not an "awwwww" type of person.
-----------
I feel like I'm bragging about everything I've done between the time I came out of my mother and now...I'm not a fan of bragging, but I suppose this is the exception. I can't wait till this thing is over. Then I can finally stop getting asked "Where are you going to college?" and "What do you plan to study?" or at least have those questions come up less often. We have enough food to feed 75 people...we will get about 40 people. My parents are looking forward to meeting Peggy and Susan.
-----------
I get my first paycheck tomorrow. I am super duper excited for that. I also received the information for the food part of the waitress/server test...now I need to study study study. Nathan Frye quizzed me on my alcohol knowledge at Hope's Harvest. I made flashcards...they are the weirdest flashcards I have ever made. They have the words Gin, Vodka, Draft Beer, Imported Beer, Ice Tea, Water, Scotch (etc.) on them and then the brands that Nosh has. I need to learn them all. Nathan was helpful.
--------------
I got my karaokee on last night. That can mean one of two things...or at least when I'm talking to Tom. I participated in neither of those action's last night, but I did watch some people sing. All I have to say about that is good job Nathan Frye & that country should be banned from everywhere except rodeos & the South. Did you know refills at Applebees are free?!?! I didn't...the waitress laughed at my face when I found that out...and so did Tom.
--------------
I burned my thumb at work lighting candles....it hurt. Other than that work was good. After work JDK and I took a walk...it was a nice walk...good conversation was exchanged. Then I went home and decorated.
--------------
The moon was awkward tonight. It had a haze over it and the clouds made it look distorted...I wish I could take an overnight "cruise" to the moon...only without all that lame protective suit stuff. Imagine the view, the stars, and the feeling of floating. That would be awesome.
--------------
Mike helped me figure out really cool things my camera can do. I sense that I will have a bunch of cool pictures to show soon.
--------------
I will be seeing my amigos tomorrow as well as the family I rarely see. My cousin might be staying overnight...he's fun & the reason I'm so good at SuperMario World.
--------------
Whooooo ParTAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment