Sunday, January 31, 2010

Plaza Latina to Lovely Bones

Hello,

Friday was stressful, yet excellent. I enjoy my volunteer job, but realized I need to brush up on my Business Spanish. I also made a new friend who helps me practice my Spanish. I can't wait to go back. I actually volunteered an hour by myself, which was the stressful part, but a good experience.

I had an enjoyable last night. I had dinner with Andrew, James, Brandon, and Ian. They are all on my approval list. Then, we went to Floor 11 and watch this creepy youtube series that Ian showed us. After getting a little creeped out, Andrew and I went to Lovely Bones. I think I liked it. I think it was good. But, I really hated the message and I hate how it focused more on the afterlife than on the actual story. I thought it was really beautiful though despite being a little trippy at times.

Andrew and I had an adventure getting back because we missed all the buses by just a few minutes. So, we ended up walking from Downtown back to Middlebrook...which isn't bad, but can be kind of sketchy past midnight. We ran quite a bit because there were some crazies and we were paranoid. We stopped at the gas station to warm up and grab delicious donuts. We made it back safely. If I write a book where it will fit in, I will definately have some kind of scene from that night. It was pretty funny.

Today I woke up at 10 (yay me) and then took a shower, did laundry, washed dishes, cleaned, and did homework all before 2:30. Since then the highlight has probably been getting a call from my spanish-speaking friend from Plaza Latina and watching Scrubs for a reallllly long time. It's nice to have a relaxing day because I'm pretty worn out. I need to prep myself for an exciting week of schoolwork and gym time.

I can't wait for concerts and plays to start happening again. Avenue Q, Mamma Mia, Wizard of Oz, Sondre Lerche, Citizen Cope, Vampire Weekend, Shutter Island, Alice in Wonderland and other exciting events are in my future. I love Minneapolis so much.

Pepino is the Spanish word for Pickle. That's what I learned today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment