Friday, January 22, 2010

Reply to No Subject

Hey. Just got back from getting my self esteem built up and then completely shot down. I'll let you know when Spanish gets bad or French gets better and until then you can assume the opposite.

Today in French I really wanted to stand up and say "Shut the fuck up about whether I should be here or not and just teach me something. I'm here and I'm not leaving." But, considering how much the teacher would hate me after that I decided it wouldn't be socially acceptable. I really wish I could do something like that though.

Last night in Creative Writing we did two writing exercises. One of them was writing down things we know about the world which came from the idea "write what you know". Some of the subjects make perfect sense to write about and others don't. I'll share with you what I wrote.

**Things I Learned in the Classroom:
-All the parts of the human eye and their functions
-How to create the illusion I am paying attention
-The world isn't actually round
-What the inside of a cat looks like
-That numbers can be imaginary
**Things I Learned at a Job:
-How to say hiccup in Spanish (Lakeside)
-How to make Cream Cheese Pesto (Hope's Harvest)
-That there's still drama and gossip in nursing homes (LC nursing home)
-"Amuse bouche" means "pleasure in your mouth" in French (Nosh)
-Coconut oil is the healthiest oil

Then there was one other part, but I didn't find it useful even though I understood the purpose. I think the exercise things will be helpful and I also think I'll really like the class.

I'm really frustrated with my parents right now. I don't think they understand what I want to do with my life or they aren't taking it very seriously. I am going to study abroad this semester. And though I convinced my mom, she recently talked to my dad and she said he got really angry.

I wrote her an email with all the reasons I should study abroad and I think it's convincing enough to where he'll let me go. But, I wish for once my family wouldn't act so sheltered and expect me to stay in Minnesota the rest of my life. It was a big enough deal to have me go to school in Minneapolis, let alone maybe move to New York sometime for my Master's and maybe even my career.

I guess it's not a big deal because I'll just work to prove them wrong like I have all my life. In 4th grade they told me I wouldn't make it in high school because I forgot to bring my math book home. In high school they told me I would never clean if I had my own place because I don't always help with dishes. And now it seems that they think I'm not set on my future because I've changed my mind in the past. Maybe one day they'll actually just trust me.

One thing I do know is I have a serious neck cramp and I really wish someone was here to give me a massage. Hopefully it goes away soon. It's been there for about 3 hours now...

Happy Friday! I'll be attending an Art Group Meeting that I'm really excited about and then finding something else to do this weekend. :)

Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment