Thursday, January 28, 2010

Painting the Lifeless Man

When was it I became immune to my own music?
The driplets drop from the high towers above,
Kissing the lifeless,
Killing the lipless.
Life seems so beautiful from that other hill
With the beautiful yellow flowers dancing in the wind.
The claws of that man scratch below the floorboards.
My ears are open to taste your thoughts
and my eyes are closed to hear your breath.
Hair sweeps across my eye
Leaving scrapes of blood across that ocean blue.
Why is your sight so sour?
And your taste so blind?
Rearrange that dusty forest filled with beauty that has been repressed.
I'll devour those footprints you leave behind
Searching for this life you say you have.
I'll never go back to that hole you dug to protect me from the rain.
I'll climb that tree and catch the bird that soars.
I want to escape your painful branches and your cold dirt.
I want to see what you look like from above.
I never want to be hidden beneath your tormenting shadows.
I want to lay on the creamy blue sky that soothes my back and calms my feet.
I'm restless to escape.
My speakers scream those beautiful sounds,
And I listen to its gentle art
Daydreaming of the moments I discovered what life really is.

My pencil falls,
And I realize with a tear
You don't understand the words that fall from my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment