Sunday, February 28, 2010

Skating & WWL Training

Yesterday was by far a really really awesome day!

First of all, Welcome Week Leader training day wasn't bad at all. I think it's going to be a really fun experience and I've already met some cool people...mainly people that I wouldn't really hang out with, but nonetheless, cool people.

We played icebreakers, which I normally absolutely hate, but for some reason they weren't bad at all. I definately noticed that my ability to be outgoing and my large group confidence level has gone drastically up. This has been something I've wanted to change since I had the ability to speak.

We played the adjective game where you say an adjective that "describes you" and starts with the same letter as your first name. There were some names like Cool Chuck, Funny Frank, Mystical Missy...and you know. When it finally got to me I was going to say Kind Krista, but I figured that would be boring and forgetful. So....I went with Kinky Krista. Let me tell you that my group loved me for that and laughed a lot.

But anyways, that was the "boring part" of my day that was actually pretty fun. Then I met up with Kevin, Branden, and Kevin's friend Mike. We went back to my dorm and hung out until we met up with other people at 5 for Mesa Pizza. After Mesa we went back to my dorm, hung out, then went to Kevin's dorm to grab some stuff.

Then we went iceskating!!! At first I was the most awkward thing you could possibly imagine. I wasn't falling down, but I was definately doing everything else embarassing you could imagine. Then Branden helped me and it was really nice. Thank god for him and the rest of them. By the end of the night I was actually skating semi-decently. The ice had got really scratched up by then so it was difficult to skate decently. I still suck, but I think if I went again when the ice is good I would get even better!

After skating, we went back to my dorm for Will & Grace/Game night. We played two games of Sorry. And that actually turned into Me & Branden against Kevin & Mike which was pretty funny. After that we played Twister--also fun. Then Kevin's other friend, David, came over and played and chit chatted. It was pretty fun.

Overall, I'd say it was one of the most epic nights of my life. Maybe not the BEST, but the day I'm thought of as outgoing and also learn to iceskate is a super epic day!

Now for volunteering at Casa and then Macbeth with Mike. My date with my Spanish-speaking friend was canceled because my schedule got busy...but I told him we could go to MOA next week. He's never been to MOA...that's my reasoning.

Anywayssss...have a good rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment