Monday, February 15, 2010

How to Be a Good Creeper/The Legend of Peanut Butter

Hello,

Last night I got tickets to see Owen Pallet (previously known as Final Fantasy) tickets! This is very exciting. Plus, it was only $19.91 including all ticketmaster charges.

Yesterday volunteering was nice. I met this little girl named Perla who is very direct and acts like she's 18 even though she's in 3rd grade. She's really funny though so it's okay. My friend, Alejandro, also gave me a ride back and gave me a rose for Valentine's Day.

My busride to St. Paul was really awkward and made me feel really gross. On the first bus there was this drunk sounding late-middle-aged man shouting gross things at me and most of the women on the bus including a woman with a child which made me really angry. At the bus stop for the second bus a man who looked like an ugly version of Johnny Depp started talking to me in a creepy way. He didn't say anything particularily gross, but he was definately a creeper. Then, when I was eatting lunch a guy stopped by my table called me pretty and said I should smile more then threw some candy on my table and left. It was really magical and he wasn't creepy about it. FYI if you're going to be a creeper, know how to do it in a way like the 3rd guy.

Saturday I went to see Young Frankenstein the Musical with Mike. It was entertaining and there were some good things about it. For example, I liked the set and Roger Bart was in it and they had some cool effects with lighting. However, there were moments of bad acting and other problems. I'm not sure if I'd recommend it or not, but I don't regret going.

Friday I saw A Serious Man. I really really liked it even though the ending was kind of confusing. I also got Chinese food, spent time with Josh, and spent the night in Middlebrook.

Overall, a successful weekend.

Today in Spanish we got into groups and wrote a story about the legend of a certain food we like because we read La Leyenda del Chocolate. It's kind of short so I'll type it and translate for you:

La Leyenda de Manteca de Cacuahate

Habia un dio que se llamaba George Washington Carver. George tuvo muchas experimentas con el cacuahate. Su esposa tuvo mucho celoso porque George paso mucho tiempo con el cacuahate. Ella se llamaba Phyllis. Phyllis era la dia de mermalada de uvas. La hermana de Phyllis, Gertrude, era la dia de mermalada de fresas. Ella fue celoso de el esposo de su hermana tambien porque el estaba experiementando con cosas nuevas. Su esposo era el dio de pan tostado y se llamaba Norm. Las dias lucharon con sus esposos y en la lucha habia una combinacion perfecta y el manteca de cacuahate se nacio con la mermalada y pan tostado.

The Legend of Peanut Butter

There was a god whose name was George Washington Carver. George had many experiments with peanuts. His wife was very jealous because George spent a lot of time with the peanuts. Her name was Phyllis. Phyllis was the goddess of grape jelly. Phyllis's sister, Gertrude, was the goddess of strawberry jelly. She was also jealous of her sister's husband because he was experimenting with new things. Her husband was the god of toast and his name was Norm. The goddesses fought with their husbands and in the fight there was a perfect combination and peanut butter was born with jelly and toast.



The End

No comments:

Post a Comment