Sunday, August 30, 2009

To Kill a Fly

Today I killed a fly.
It flew around my face and around the store,
And then I hit it.
But, it wasn't dead. Yet.
It kicked and moved.
I kept trying to hit it again
To get it out of this misery.
I failed so I let it cling to my finger,
And brought it over to the counter.
And gave it another hit.
The blood splattered on the counter,
And it gave one final kick of its leg.
And it was just dead;
Lifeless for eternity.
I felt a little sad
And way too powerful.
Sure, it was just a fly.
But, who are you?
--------------------
As I was waiting for my mother to grab an item off her list at Target,
I noticed a guy giving samples and trying to sell some Special K.
I sympathized when person after person kept rejecting his offer.
It saddens me a little when people reject my free samples at Hope's Harvest.
So, I walked over, accepted his offer, and said it was good.
I ended up getting a box for breakfast at college.
I hope I made his day.
Even though I'm sure the product sold itself.
It was delicious.
---------------------
Today was goodbye #2.
And I felt a little more.
I love that job.
It made me more outgoing, showed me I had a slight passion for cooking.
It actually showed me I even had the capability of cooking.
I met some amazing people there,
Life changing people.
I suppose I will drop by for a visit on Thanksgiving.
Unless I visit home earlier.
----------------------
My mom got me a DVD series of Looney Tunes cartoons.
I will be watching it during those tough nights.
I love cartoons.
I also love Stranger Than Fiction.
----------------------
1 more day in the beautiful town of Lake City.
It's legs are still moving.
After tomorrow I suppose it will be like the fly.
Only life goes on without me,
And I will see it again.
But, doesn't that sound so poetic?
Gosh I'm so ready for college.
----------------------
Adios for tonight.
Oh,
Why doesn't every small creature carry a pin and a match like Tweety.
Life expectancy for them would go way up.
This bird has lived, what?, like 100+ years?
Think about that.
Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment