Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's Not What You Asked For & Probably Not What You Want to Hear

Sometimes I get the feeling the people I want to listen don't,
And the people that listen don't hear what I want them to hear.

They just wait for that precious moment when they get to spill their advice.
Prove me wrong or tell me a long drained out story of "when this happend to them"

God knows you've experienced everything.

I've begun to think that the word love is used too much.
I've begun to think that the love everyone dreams of isn't meant for everyone.
And that many don't realize that love has different meanings.

I've started to believe that there is not a person that walks the Earth
Who doesn't hold their own interests above the interests of others.

The ignorant may just never realize what the world has been trying to show them.
And, for every left there may just be another left.

The only thing I know is that optimism is the only thing strong enough to overcome reality.

So keep on dreaming those unrealistic dreams,
Because there's a chance you could be the one to get through.

We all know the weak ones aren't the ones that prosper.

And, please, don't wait to talk while you listen.
Because sometimes I don't need you to talk.
Sometimes I don't need you to think.

I want you to care.

But, we all know you're too strong for that.
Even though I wish I could see your tears.

I understand.
I just wait for the moment where I prove to you
That I was worth the silence.
-------------

Stop thinking of meanings.
Some things are just as they are.

And don't say this isn't what you asked for.
Because I know.

1 comment: