Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Little Dark Inspiration

Hi,

It's me again. I'm writing a second blog for the first time in a long time. I'm just in this really odd mood I don't think I've ever been in.

I was really depressed about 3 hours ago...like really really depressed. It all started off with the lighting in my room being really gross, but then Sajinee called me for dinner and I felt really tired. The food was gross and I had a really bad toothache.

I'm really convinced that something is wrong with the filling that I had done on my cavity. I'm scared though because I don't have the time or energy to have them do anything other than tell me everything is fine. I'm still trying to figure out what to do...maybe it will feel better tomorrow.

Anyways, after Sajinee made me feel bad for not eatting anything because my tooth hurt to bad to even eat jello, I went to my room and did nothing but think about what could be wrong with my tooth and it made me feel like crying. I got really depressed and thought that I should just close the curtains and take a nap until the sun went down and maybe I could stop feeling so gross. All I did though was toss and turn for about an hour and think about the fact that I have a Spanish test tomorrow and a paper to email tonight.

I just received Pan's Labyrinth in the mail today and I thought it would be good to watch. I didn't know anything about it except that I was told it was really good and that there was animation. So I'm thinking just a creepy PG movie right? Well...I did happen to see the rating when I was unwrapping the DVD, but didn't think anything of it. Then I start watching it and thought that it's a lot different than I was expecting. Then I get creeped out...had one of those "ah ha" moments. Before I know it the movie is over and I really like it, but am kind of angry about the ending. Then I go on the computer and turn on itunes and this creepy song that I really like comes on.

Now, I have to finish writing my creative writing story, which is the story of a world made of paper and the creator of it is a painter that makes everything. One day a girl comes through the forest and freaks the painter out because he wants a world of perfection and free of any kind of stress. He locks her in a room...then that's where I'm at with writing it. But, I've already decided (from the original 3 page writing exercise) she's going to light a cigarette and wreck the village and the painter is going to disappear and everything is going to go back to reality. (Not to ruin anything if I ever post this). I'd say it's already creepy enough, but I'm telling you Pan's Labyrinth and the song "Paris is Burning" by St. Vincent is my current inspiration. I can't imagine I could be inspired to write a darker story.

But, if you're wondering I'm not necessarily "depressed" anymore. I liked the movie too much and now I can finally write this ending I was struggling with during all the sunshine and happy music.

I really hope there's a thunderstorm tomorrow...I don't know the odds of that by any means, but I haven't watched the weather in a while so it's possible. I don't want to check the weather because then I might just be disappointed.

Well I'm off to hopefully write a masterpiece.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment