Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Not Yours, Not Mine

I find it interesting how people can be possessive of other people
And when people treat people as objects.
I often find myself feeling as if I know someone better than someone else
Or feeling as if they like me more.
But, the truth is that is a bit ridiculous.
Because I hate it when people feel possessive over me.
I don't like the feeling that someone thinks they know you so well
They try to use it to their own advantage.
-----------
Today I will attend an optional meeting.
This meeting is about what I want to do with the rest of my life.
Specifically my exact career.
I'm looking forward to this.
-----------
I hope to someday be the best.
Right now I am not the best at anything.
I can accept that because not many people are.
-----------
Sometimes it seems we need words of encouragement.
So I will say you are good at what you do
And you can be whatever you want to be.
-----------
Sometimes I just don't think that's enough.
But, it won't stop me.
So don't let it stop you.
-----------
I wish I could curl up in your arms and sleep.
That sounds nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment