Sunday, December 6, 2009

Darkest Crevice

I often find myself lost within the darkest crevice of my mind clawing to hang on. In this world pretending is impossible and everything I desire to be I am.

When I'm taken back to the place where nothing is ever exactly how I want it to be, I notice all the fakeness in this world. Every move I make becomes an insecurity; every step is an opportunity to judge.

I would love to bring my dream to the surface and be exactly how I imagine myself. I find that too far from my reach when people are telling me how I am. Change has an expiration date and the change I desire has been hiding in places I cannot see, waiting to disappear forever.

I miss the sweet taste of innocence soothing my tongue and the beautiful breeze of carelessness wrapping itself around me.

Now, I walk among the people I know, waiting for the day I'm forever trapped in a world of strangers. They will be unaware of who I was or who people told me I was. It will be the day I can stop trying to breathe and just let it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment