Monday, April 5, 2010

Week of Awesomeness to Week of Work

Hello,

My mind is so cluttered it's hard to move. If you can imagine just stacks and stacks of stuff piled up and flying all around my head...that's what my mind is like right now. I will work on getting those things organized this week.

I had a crazy epic week last week. I cannot emphasize enough how much I love the city and how certain I am that I'll live in a huge city for the rest of my life. Also, my friends here are so absolutely amazing. I'm glad that everything has worked out the way it has.

41 days until I am on a plane to Venezuela. It's both unbelieveable and awesome.

I really love Sundays now. It seems like it's kind of assumed that pretty much every Sunday Alejandro and I are going to hang out. Yesterday I watched 2 of his soccer games and talked with some of his family. Then we just drove around St. Paul and Minneapolis. It's an entire day of speaking Spanish and it has improved my Spanish an incredible amount.

I didn't get any sleep this weekend except for 9 hours last night, but the morning still felt like a sleep hangover due to my odd sleep schedule Friday and Saturday. One of the highlights of the weekend was playing night games like Sardines and Tag outside and then later on the 10th-13th floors of Middlebrook with Ian, Andrew, Kevin, Branden, and Mike.

I heard some good poetry on Saturday too. The crowd was a little stereotypical, but I guess they aren't as bad as the theater crowd so I'll accept it. I enjoyed the event more than I thought I would so that's nice.

I've discovered my ideal studying location and that is in the Hennepin County Library in downtown Minneapolis. I'll be studying there today after eatting in Middlebrook and before going to the gym.

That's right...I'm back at the gym. I'll move on from my laziness and start going to the gym more. Even though I have been playing badminton a lot more and with Kevin & Branden that gets pretty intense.

I've been watching Pan's Labyrinth and Inglourious Basterds a lot lately. I'm positive those two movies are in my top 5 favorite movie list. Plus one is in Spanish and the other has French in it. Perfect for me.

This week has to be another "Good Student Week" due to the fact that last week was just pure fun. I have so much to do it's really just sucky, but whatever. Starting Friday it's back to awesomeness for a while.

So...yeah...there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment